Kebab tabeyi is a traditional dish from Iran. It is made with skewered and grilled meat, usually lamb or chicken, that is marinated in a mixture of spices and served with grilled vegetables and rice. The meat is often marinated in a blend of onions, tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, and a variety of spices like turmeric, paprika, and cumin to add flavor and tenderize the meat. This dish is a popular food in Iran and is often served as a main course at family gatherings and special events.
How to cook
Here is a simple recipe for making Kebab tabeyi:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or leg, cut into small cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 skewers
- Rice, for serving
- Grilled vegetables, for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, onion, tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, turmeric, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the bowl and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers, leaving a little space between each piece.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is fully cooked and slightly charred.
- Serve the kebabs hot with rice and grilled vegetables, if desired.
This recipe serves 4 people. Enjoy your delicious Kebab tabeyi!